Down Payment Assistance Program
Hillsborough First with HHF DPA Program
First-Time Buyer Program
ELIGIBLE AREAS – Hillsborough County
- Buyers and their spouses (occupant and non-occupant) must be first-time buyers and must be able to permanently reside in the US.
- Buyers must live in the property they purchase as their principal residence.
- All applicants must be considered irrespective of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, military status or physical handicap.
- Buyers must occupy the property purchased within 60 days of closing.
- Buyers must live in the property as their principal residence and the property may never be rented.
* See loan officer for additional information
DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE – 5 year forgivable, 0.00% second mortgage, up to $15,000. Must be used for down payment and closing cost. The second mortgage is forgiven 20% each year and must be repaid when the first mortgage is refinanced, sale, short-sale, foreclosure or if the borrower ceases to live in the property. After the fifth year the second mortgage is completely forgiven.
INCOME LIMIT CRITERIA – Household income is considered for ALL Borrower(s), spouses and anyone 18 years or older.
1 - 2 person household $59,800
3 or more person household $68,770
MAXIMUM SALES PRICE LIMIT – This price must include everything paid by the buyer or on the buyer's behalf.
HOMEBUYER EDUCATION – First-Time Homebuyers must complete a Program-approved pre-purchase homebuyer education course. Please speak with a participating lender for details.
ELIGIBLE PROPERTY – New or existing, one to four units, detached or attached, condos, townhomes.
CREDIT SCORE - FICO mid score must be 640 or higher.
DTI – The maximum debt-to-income (DTI) ratio is 45%.
CO-SIGNERS – Not allowable in this program.